Each year, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (PALSD) and Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego (FALSD) grant five scholarships to eligible individuals to take the California State Bar examination in February or July of the year that the scholarship is awarded. The scholarship will assist in covering the cost of the California State Bar Exam.
Eligible individuals must:
– Meet the requirements for taking and will be taking the California State Bar exam given in February or July;
– Currently attend or recently graduate from any accredited law school in San Diego County; and
– Personally attend the PALSD & FALSD Annual Dinner to receive the scholarship (The Annual Dinner is traditionally the last Thursday of January).
Selection factors include, but are not limited to:
– Financial need;
– Academic achievement, work experience, and extracurricular activities;
– Past, current, and future public service to the Asian/Pacific Islander community and other diverse communities, including past and/or current participation in PALSD and/or FALSD, as a heavily weighed factor;
– Post law school goals;
– Domicile (residence plus intent to remain) in San Diego as a plus; and
– Interview (by phone or in person) at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
All scholarship applicants will be notified of their status by the Scholarship Committee by telephone. Scholarship recipients will also be notified in writing.
Below are instructions for the 2018 PALSD/FALSD scholarship.
Applications and any supporting materials must be received by Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Applications postmarked on November 22, 2017 will be considered late—the application must be received by November 22, 2017. Any application which is supplemented by supporting materials submitted after the deadline will also be considered late. The application and any supplemental materials must be submitted in ONE package. No extensions will be granted. More information HERE.
Mail in one envelope or e-mail as one PDF document this completed application (and any supplemental materials) to:
Amanda Harris, Scholarship Chairperson for PALSD & FALSD
c/o Solomon Ward Seidenwurm & Smith, LLP
401 B Street, Suite 1200
San Diego, CA 92101
E-mail address: email@example.com
For additional information about the scholarship, please contact any of the following:
Committee Chair: Amanda Harris, Solomon Ward Seidenwurm & Smith, LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hon. Vallera Johnson, Office of Administrative Hearings at email@example.com
Parada Ornelas, Wilson Turner Kosmo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Quon, Office of the Attorney General at email@example.com
Daphne Skogen, Office of the City Attorney at firstname.lastname@example.org