Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (PALSD) and Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego (FALSD) will award five (5) scholarships* to eligible individuals to take the California State Bar examination in February 2019 or July 2019. The scholarship will assist in covering the cost of the California State Bar Exam.
Eligible individuals must:
1) Submit a completed Scholarship Application;
2) Meet the requirements for taking and will be taking the California State Bar exam
given in February 2019 or July 2019;
3) Currently attend or recently graduate from any accredited law school in San Diego
4) Personally attend PALSD & FALSD’s Annual Dinner on January 31, 2019, to
receive the scholarship
Selection factors include but are not limited to:
• Financial need;
• Academic achievement, work experience, and extracurricular activities;
• Past, current, and future public service to the Asian/Pacific Islander community and
other diverse communities;
• Post-law school goals; and
• Domicile (residence plus intent to remain) in San Diego;
Interview (by phone or in person) may be required at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
Application Deadline and Format:
* CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION
• APPLICATIONS AND ANY SUPPORTING MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
• Applications postmarked on November 21, 2018, will be considered late—they must be received by November 21, 2018.
• Any application which is supplemented by supporting materials submitted after the deadline will be considered late.
• The application and any supplemental materials must be submitted in ONE package.
• NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
For information, please contact the Committee Chair, Parada Ornelas, Wilson Turner
Kosmo, LLP, at email@example.com.
• Amanda Harris, Solomon Ward Seidenwurm & Smith, LLP
• Honorable Vallera Johnson, Office of Administrative Hearings
• Daphne Skogen, Office of the City Attorney
• Peter Quon, San Diego County District Attorney
*Although the Boards of PALSD and FALSD retain discretion to increase or decrease the number and amount of the scholarships, in 2018, five (5) scholarships were awarded in the amount of $2,500 per recipient.