Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (PALSD) and Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego (FALSD) will award five (5) scholarships* to eligible individuals to take the California State Bar examination in February 2020 or July 2020. The scholarship will assist in covering the cost of the California State Bar Exam.
Eligible individuals must:
1) meet the requirements for taking and will be taking the California State Bar exam given in February 2020 or July 2020; and
2) currently attend or recently graduate from an accredited law school in San Diego County; and
3) personally attend the PALSD & FALSD Annual Dinner on Thursday, January 30, 2020, to receive the scholarship.
Selection factors include but are not limited to:
• financial need;
• academic achievement, work experience, and extracurricular activities;
• past, current, and future public service to the Asian/Pacific Islander community and other diverse communities as a heavily weighed factor;
• post law school goals;
• domicile (residence plus intent to remain) in San Diego as a plus;
• interview (by phone or in person) at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee
APPLICATIONS AND ANY SUPPORTING MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 2, 2019, at 11:59 PM PST. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
• Applications postmarked on December 2, 2019, will be considered late—they must be received by December 2, 2019.
• Any application which is supplemented by supporting materials submitted after the deadline will be considered late.
• The application and any supplemental materials must be submitted in ONE package.
Any questions or for additional information, please contact the Committee Chair Parada Ornelas, Wilson Turner Kosmo LLP, at email@example.com or 619-607-5350.
• Amanda Harris, Solomon Ward Seidenwurm & Smith, LLP
• Honorable Vallera Johnson, Office of Administrative Hearings
• Daphne Skogen, Office of the City Attorney
• Peter Quon, San Diego County District Attorney